Problem exporting to git

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Mon Mar 3 21:33:39 UTC 2014

Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 09:35:26PM +0100, Frits Jalvingh wrote:
> > > You lose that metadata regardless of the method you use to push from bzr
> > into git.
> >
> > When we talk about "metadata" in this respect - is it only renames?
> > Because that should not be a problem - considering that git does not
> > track renames at all?
> The main ones are renames, empty directories, revision properties (bug fix
> information, authors beyond the first author).

Do we lose GPG signatures on revisions?

Do we lose branch history of merges?

Man, it really sucks that other VCSen choose to throw away such useful
information.

--
 \      “Not using Microsoft products is like being a non-smoker 40 or |
  `\     50 years ago: You can choose not to smoke, yourself, but it's |