No WorkingTree exists after branching

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Mon Oct 21 02:43:39 UTC 2013

> Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:16:36 +0800
> From: Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free at gmail.com>
> Cc: bazaar at lists.canonical.com
>
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org> wrote:
> >> Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 06:31:33 +0800
> >> From: Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free at gmail.com>
> >> Cc: bazaar at lists.canonical.com

> >> It says "Shared repository with trees (format: 2a)".  As I said to John,
> >> every branch I create has no working tree unless I use ‘bzr checkout’
> >> explicitly.  So is there a better solution?
> >
> > Unless your ~/.bzr.log says something related, downgrade to a previous
> > version' I'd say: this sounds like a bug.
>
> I also tried bzr 2.6.0dev2 and 2.6.0dev3 with Python 2.7.4, but neither
> of them has a working tree after branching.

I said "downgrade", not "upgrade".  That means go to 2.5.x.

But before you do, try doing this without plugins, using

  bzr --no-plugins WHATEVER

That is, repeat the entire process, starting with "init-repo", when
you pass --no-plugins to bzr.  Perhaps some plugin you have has this
effect.

> I've attached related sections of my ~/.bzr.log.

I don't see anything there.

> (Maybe I should file a bug report in launchpad?)

Definitely.  But bugs in bzr are fixed very slowly, so in the meantime
I suggest to find a solution.