No WorkingTree exists after branching

Xue Fuqiao xfq.free at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 22:31:33 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org> wrote:
>> I'd like to initialize my local bzr repo for Emacs after installing
>> bzr. Here's my procedure:
>>
>> $ cd emacs-repo/
>> $ bzr init-repo main/
>> $ cd main/
>> $ bzr branch bzr+ssh://xfq@bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/trunk trunk
>> Branched 114717 revisions.
>>
>> Then I tried "bzr st":
>> $ bzr st
>> bzr: ERROR: No WorkingTree exists for
>> "file:///home/xfq/emacs-repo/main/trunk/.bzr/checkout/".
>
> Sounds like your branch was somehow created with no working tree.  Try
> this to fix that:
>
>   $ cd /home/xfq/emacs-repo/main/trunk
>   $ bzr reconfigure --tree

Thanks.

> It is possible that the repository was for some reason created to
> produce tree-less branches.  What does this say:
>
>   $ cd /home/xfq/emacs-repo/main
>   $ bzr info

It says "Shared repository with trees (format: 2a)".  As I said to John,
every branch I create has no working tree unless I use ‘bzr checkout’
explicitly.  So is there a better solution?  I didn't customize my
Bazaar (except for ‘bzr whoami’).

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/