CVS "just works?"

Bulgrien, Kevin Kevin.Bulgrien at GDSATCOM.com
Mon Sep 9 20:35:24 UTC 2013

> Can we please stop the CVS threads?  bzr is having enough issues
> recently without the mailing list turning into a giant
> redundant flame war.

Since apparently I started all this, I'll take the liberty of
dragging it out a step further ;-)...

Long and short is that we all have our own tastes.  I prefer Bazaar,
by far, of the two DVCS I have tried.  I don't need anyone to agree
with me on that... and that is a-okay with me if people do not.  I
might change my opinion about this tool or that under this or that
cirsumstance.  I do not need a single VCS any more than I need only
one of any other kind of tool.  I also don't feel a need for others
to agree with my view of git, SVN, or CVS... Why can't we all just
agree to be agreeable?

But, self, face it, no amount of flaming or warring, or even ironclad
sensibility, will make that happen... I'll just get back to getting
things done.  I agree all this blather won't really change anyone's
mind, and it just distracts us from why we are here in the first
place - unless of course, its because we love to act the troll.

---
Kevin R. Bulgrien

This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GD Corporate Policy 07-105 and is intended to be accessed only by authorized personnel of General Dynamics and approved service providers.  Use, storage and transmission are governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.