Latest bazaar release

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 15:24:24 UTC 2013

I have stuck with bazaar due to its:

  + binary file handling  # git fails here
  + distributed nature    # subversion fails here

but two features bug me with my current version 2.1.2 (old version due
to using Debian squeeze stable package):

1. executing "bzr status ." yields the complete repository path names
instead of displaying the path relative to the current working
sub-directory (whereas git does it correctly IMHO)

2. bzr does not restore a file removed without explicitly telling bzr
(subversion handles this properly IMHO)

Have those two behaviors changed in more recent versions?  If not,
will such changes be entertained?

BTW, I used to keep up with the latest bzr, but trying to keep up with
all the plugins was too much trouble so I took the easy route.

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom