[Bzr-packagers] [ANN] bzr-2.6.0 has been frozen !

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Aug 4 19:12:20 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 07:25:04PM +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-08-04 at 14:28 +0000, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> […]
> > What version of subversion are you shipping? bzr-svn breaks when used
> > with subversion >= 1.7.
>
> Debian Unstable is shipping Subversion 1.7.9 and bzr-svn has already
> been removed from the Debian repository, so is there any point in trying
> to preserve it elsewhere(*)? Or alternatively find the resource to get
> bzr-svn working with Subversion 1.7 and get it back into Debian.
>
> I can't help with development (sorry), but I can help with testing.
>

> (*) OK so I know that what happens on Windows is far more important than
> what happens on Debian in the grand scheme, but there is no harm in
> trying to change things ;-)
Somebody could set up an external archive (PPA for Ubuntu or
manual archive for Debian) with an older version of Subversion
forward ported to a newer version of Ubuntu. You'd have to explicitly
downgrade to that version of Subversion and pin it.

Alternatively, somebody could update bzr-svn to work with newer
versions of Subversion - that's the right strategy in the long term
but a much larger job.

If you want to keep running bzr-svn you could just install subversion
from an older version of Debian - but double check there are no unfixed
security issues.

There is not much point discussing either option unless somebody
actually has resources though...

Cheers,

Jelmer