Bazaar and Debian

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Fri Jun 14 14:56:48 UTC 2013

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2013, at 08:03 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2013-06-13 at 14:39 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> >[…]
> >> and Bazaar is the GNU recommended dvcs.  Second, we cannot host our code on a
> >> closed source hosting platform, so that rules out Github and Mercurial.
> >[…]
> >
> >I guess you mean BitBucket rather than Mercurial?
>
> Oops, right!

What is actually needed here? Is it a project hosting
site similar to, say, SourceForge, that supports bzr?
(As long as bzr is really not terminally dead.)

I might actually be able to have my employer offer one.
We could probably even offer a separate one (separate VM)
for use just by GNU/Nongnu stuff, and make GNU “officials”
have site-wide administration rights. No promise yet, but
if there’s interest, it could happen (in exchange for some
recognition / good karma / publicity on the OSS side of
course, since we’re trying to be the #1 open source IT
service provider in Germany).

I suggest to discuss this off-list, though, as it’s
rather off-topic; feel free to add an appropriate number
of Ccs.

bye,
//mirabilos
--