Bazaar and Debian

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Jun 13 17:22:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 11:02:51AM +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> I see that the bzr-rewrite and bzr-svn packages have been dropped by
> Debian. Does this mean the functionality is elsewhere now, or that those
> packages need to be put back in?
I put them up for adoption about a year ago, but nobody was interested in
taking over. There have been a few regressions since; in particular Subversion
has had some behaviour changes in its wc API after they rewrote the underlying
implementation, and this breaks bzr-svn's testsuite.

bzr-rewrite has always been a bit of a hack - doing just what is necessary
for bzr-svn, but nowhere near what you would expect of a proper
rebase implementation. It has always been in dire need of a rewrite (pun
intended) which never happened.

That said, I thought you mentioned you migrated to git? :-)

Cheers,

Jelmer