share repo branches backup and multi-push

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Wed May 22 19:48:11 UTC 2013

1.  What's the right way to back up a shared repo with a few branches
under it?  I've been just archiving the repo .bzr directory, but then I
got worried there was information in the branches that wasn't
recoverable without them, but then I found bzr head --tips, which seems
to correspond to the branches exactly?  Hmm, no, wait, if I unarchive
the .bzr into a directory that doesn't have the branches in it, then bzr
heads --tips doesn't actually print anything.  So, can I recover the
branches from just the .bzr directory of the shared repo?  Do I need to
archive all the branch .bzr dirs too?

2.  I asked a while back about "multi-push" to complement multi-pull.
There isn't one, and I could write one, but from searching it also seems
like there are a few other old plugins, like repo-push, and mirror.  I
have a directory that has a few shared repos below it, which each have
some branches below them.  I'd like to push them all recursively.
What's the best bet for this?

Thanks,
Chris