bzr revno always an integer, redux and new workflow questions

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Wed Jan 9 09:01:38 UTC 2013

> I'm not quite sure why that feature branch isn't actually your
> trunk. But yes, it does sound like it would solve your situation.

Well, I may also be using the terms incorrectly.  This is my first dvcs
project, and I'm not very d, if that makes sense.  So, I run it mostly
like a p4 or svn project, where I code on my laptop, and then check it
in, and then push to the server.  Of course, I also have a branch on the
server that I work on for server side stuff.  That's the one that
stomped the revno locally when I merged there, and then pushed to the
main repo, and then pulled.

I build releases in the feature branch, so the revno gets snapped there
to make the build number for the major.minor.build version number in the
exe.

If I was acting like a real programmer, I'd have a build machine that
would make the builds, or at least a separate branch on my laptop that
is just used for that, but I don't do that right now.

I will try aro=T locally, because now that I've explained everything and
you've explained everything, I think that's exactly what I want.  I
could care less about the revno on the server in either the main repo or
its branches.  I'm also going to make a field in the version resource
that contains the revision id in case this happens again.  :)

Thanks!
Chris