bazaar performance question

Frits Jalvingh jal at etc.to
Wed Dec 12 10:59:50 UTC 2012

Hi list,
We have an automated tool which accepts branches from developers to be
reviewed and ordered in a "change list". To keep branches together this
tool needs to compare a new, incoming branch with the branches it already
knows about, so that it can see if the new branch is a newer version of an
existing change or is a completely new change.

To do this it does a lot of "bzr missing --include-merges" commands between
branches. The problem I have is that each of these take 7 to 10 seconds,
and that makes the total time to accept branches quite long.

So the question is: is there any way to speed up this process? I came
across an old project called "historycache", but it aborts on the above
command.