use external diff tool in the ignore line-endings mode for merge

Fredrik Staxeng fstx+u at update.uu.se
Tue Dec 11 06:25:08 UTC 2012

Aaron Bentley <aaron at aaronbentley.com> writes:

>On 12-12-09 03:14 AM, Fredrik Staxeng wrote:
>> If anybody has done this, I would be very grateful for any details
>> that you can tell me. Which version of diff3, perhaps where to get
>> it, and how get bazaar to use it.
>
>As far as I know, all versions of diff3 work.  You tell merge to use
>it by specifying --diff3 to "bzr merge".  If you want to standardize
>on diff3, I recommend aliasing "merge" to "merge --diff3", e.g. "bzr
>alias merge=merge\ --diff3"
>
>Aaron

Well then, please name one.

Just to make sure you understand the problem.

If you do bzr update on a bound branch, and the line endings has changed
in a file, the result is a "merged" file that consists of the whole of
f.THIS, followed by the whole of f.OTHER.

Fredrik Stax\"ang | rot13: sfgk at hcqngr.hh.fr
This is all you need to know about vi: ESC : q ! RET