refractoring tools or workflows?

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Mon Oct 22 19:03:34 UTC 2012

This is beyond the scope of a VCS tool except for it tracking file renames.
Usually the IDE or editor provides these sorts of tools since refactoring
is dependent on knowledge of the languages used in your source, of which
the VCS is completely unaware.

If it's a large piece of work that would be best done in stages, I would
recommend creating a branch for it and committing each step separately.
That should help you in tracking what has been done already.