I somehow messed up my project's repo, please help

Mark A. Flacy mflacy at verizon.net
Sat Oct 13 20:39:37 UTC 2012

On Saturday, October 13, 2012 03:58:47 PM Rob Clewley wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Chris Hecker <checker at d6.com> wrote:
> > If you sync to the online repo into a separate directory, and then copy
> > over just the files (not the .bzr control directory), then do a diff,
> > you should just get the changes you made, and you can check in there and
> > then push it back up.
>
> Great, that sounds promising. The only thing I'm concerned about with
> this idea is that I had made some local commits that were not yet
> synced to the online repo. Those have helpful commit messages etc. so
> I'd like to keep them intact if possible. At least, I'd like to fetch
> the list of commits since last sync so that I can redo them after
> following your suggestion. Does that make sense or am I missing
> something?

Create a clone of the online repo.

Merge your current source into the clone of the online repo.  Commit the merge
changeset after you inspect it to your clone of the online repo.  Copy the
source files that you saved off (omitting the .bzr directory of course) and see
what bzr thinks has changed.  You should be OK at this point.