Bzr development stopped

Brian de Alwis briandealwis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:28:12 UTC 2012

On 13-Sep-2012, at 10:28 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> I don't understand your point in the context of this subthread.

It was about the deeper context as to why Canonical requested copyright assignment.  And they *used to* request copyright assignment.  The contributor agreement I signed (v2.5) says very clearly:

	1. I hereby assign to Canonical with full title guarantee all
	copyright now or in the future subsisting in any part of the
	world in any Assigned Contributions. […]

Looks like they've since changed to a Harmony license, which does not ask for copyright assignment, but Section 2.3 provides Canonical the ability to relicense the contribution.  I don't remember hearing about this change of agreement though.

	http://www.canonical.com/contributors
	http://www.canonical.com/sites/default/files/active/images/Canonical-HA-CLA-ANY-I.pdf

That's a big change!

Brian.