Bazaar development future (was: Bzr development stopped)

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Sep 12 03:22:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 01:42:19AM +1000 I heard the voice of
Ben Finney, and lo! it spake thus:

> It is still free software under the GPL, though. Is there a
> sufficient community of Bazaar users interested enough to fund
> development under different stewardship?

That would be nice.  Even better yet would be a healthy OS project
around it (either instead, or in-addition-to; we have a good
demonstration at hand of the dangers of dev being dependant on one
entity's checkbook).

It having not happened in the past, doesn't fill me with confidence
that it'll happen in the future.  OTOH, the freshly minted vacuum
gives it the best chance yet.  A man can dream.

> Heck, from what I understand, the code base is in a whole lot better
> shape than what the LibreOffice folk inherited, too.

That's called "damning with faint praise"   :p

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net