~qbzr-bugs: Final reconfiguration to clear the way for removing ~bzr-core

Max Bowsher __ at maxb.eu
Sat Sep 1 20:34:21 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Picking up a thread from last month on bazaar at l.c.c, we're almost at the
point where the ~bzr-core team no longer serves a purpose, and we can
merge it into ~bzr. (My understanding being that ~bzr-core was
originally created to give some measure of team membership to people
working on bzr core but not wanting to be deluged by bug mail related to
Bazaar extension projects.)

Almost all of the bugmail subscriptions applying to ~bzr have now been
removed - there's just one left - and that's a subscription to qbzr via
the ~qbzr-bugs team.

Gary, Alexander: I'd like to ask you, as admins of the ~qbzr-bugs team,
to reconfigure things so that the last bugmail subscription applying to
~bzr is gone. There's a few different ways you could do this, depending
on what bugmail behaviour you want for other people, but my suggestion
is that you simply remove the bugmail subscription from ~qbzr-bugs.

You could optionally add an equivalent bugmail subscription to ~qbzr-dev
in its place if you wanted to - ~qbzr-dev already contains everyone who
is in ~qbzr-bugs except people who are members of ~qbzr-bugs via
~bzr-qa. However, my personal opinion is that access control teams
generally shouldn't also imply mail subscriptions.

Given that the entire purpose of the ~qbzr-bugs team appears to be to
share QBzr bug supervisor privilege between the ~qbzr-dev and ~bzr-qa
teams, this seems like the best approach to me.

Let me know if you are happy to do this, or would prefer a more complex
rearrangement of teams which leaves ~qbzr-bugs subscribed?

Once the above matter is settled, I'll send a final request for silent
consensus or objections on merging ~bzr-core into ~bzr.

Max.