Branching from just a part of a repository?

Ben Finney ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au
Thu Aug 30 12:24:28 UTC 2012

Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> writes:

> The code a.py to l.py is generic and nothing confidential or private is
> contained in this code. But the nosetest stuff has a ton of confidential
> and private infomation (hostname, username/passwords, PINs, etc)

Another way to deal with this, which I think is the right way whether
Bazaar can do what you're asking: Don't put configuration settings in
the VCS at all.

For tests, mock externalities like network services, create test
databases dynamically in the test suite, etc. Configuration shouldn't be
tracked in the code base, IMO.

--
 \       “Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual |
  `\       profit without individual responsibility.” —Ambrose Bierce, |