Branching from just a part of a repository?

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Wed Aug 29 20:38:38 UTC 2012

Lets say I have a repo that looks like this:

.
|-- a.py
|-- b.py
|-- c.py
|-- d.py
|-- e.py
|-- f.py
|-- g.py
|-- h.py
|-- i.py
|-- j.py
|-- k.py
|-- l.py
`-- tests
    |-- test_confidential.py
    |-- test_corporate-specific.py
    |-- test_real_PINs.py
    `-- test_real_passwords.py

The code a.py to l.py is generic and nothing confidential or private is
contained in this code. But the nosetest stuff has a ton of
confidential and private infomation (hostname, username/passwords,
PINs, etc)

Is there a way I can just branch everything EXCEPT the tests directory?

I'd like to open source the code but not release private information
that is stored in the tests.

IF bzr cannot do this I was just going to make a new repo, copy the
a.py to l.py code into that repo, bzr commit it, then push it to
launchpad.

Thanks.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>                  | Phone : (952 943-8700