Bazaar takes issue with Windows case-insensitivity

Bulgrien, Kevin Kevin.Bulgrien at GDSATCOM.com
Wed Aug 22 16:43:47 UTC 2012

> > Maybe that?s ?ok?.  Maybe its sub-optimal behavior to fail so
> > completely over a single file that has case issues on Windows.  I?m
> > not sure, but it seems there could have been a better way to fail?
> > along the lines of explaining that it is a case issue rather than
> > aborting with an ?internal error?.
> >
> > Should I really follow the suggestion and file a bug report?
> > Opinions?
>
> Absolutely file a bug report.  That case is supposed to be handled by
> emitting a conflict and renaming "GForge Welcome.url" to "GForge
> Welcome.url.moved".
>
> It appears that there was a second issue detected with the rename.
> Perhaps a pre-existing "GForge Welcome.url.moved"?  It's been a while
> since I looked at that code.

I see a situation where there was a bookmark named Eng_Wiki.url in both the local system and in the repository.  Bazaar ended up moving the pre-existing file to Eng_Wiki.url.~1~ in the workspace so it could "revert" to the repository revision without losing the local file.  I presume this is the mechanism you reference, though it did not work when there was a case mismatch.

This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GD Corporate Policy 07-105 and is intended to be accessed only by authorized personnel of General Dynamics and approved service providers.  Use, storage and transmission are governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.