[ANN] bzr 2.6b2 released

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Wed Aug 22 16:15:04 UTC 2012

> Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:41:05 +0100
> From: Martin Packman <martin.packman at canonical.com>
> Cc: bazaar at lists.canonical.com
>
> On 16/08/2012, Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu.org> wrote:
> >> From: Vincent Ladeuil <vila+bzr at canonical.com>
> >> Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 18:29:17 +0200
> >>
> >> I'm pleased to announce the second beta for the 2.6 series: 2.6b2.
> >
> > Any ETA for a Windows installer of this?
>
> The plan is to do another beta release for 2.6 so I thought we'd skip
> the installer for this one, there haven't been packaging changes that
> desperately need testing. If anyone is eager help test 2.6b2 I suggest
> they build just bzr locally themselves.

For me, trying the beta releases is a kind of service to you: to find
any problems early.  On most machines I use, I cannot afford
installing a beta, because I must have a reliable environment.  But on
one machine I can play more freely, so I install the beta there.  If
2.6b2 doesn't include any significant changes, then trying it isn't
important, though.