Checkout of branch w/ long file names to deep path fails on Windows XP

Bulgrien, Kevin Kevin.Bulgrien at GDSATCOM.com
Wed Aug 22 16:11:56 UTC 2012

Ah.  It's unfortunate that the tool could not report this explicitly as a (probable) cause for the failure, though I guess it's a toss up as to how much a cross-platform tool caters to platform-specific issues.

I also find it awkward that the entire operation fails just because one file operation failed.  It seems like the failure could be reported and Bazaar could just move along... even if such behavior had to be enabled by a switch to be compatible with opposing opinions.  I feel this is one of the most objectionable behaviors Bazaar has.  I have run into this propensity to roll over and die on a single fault over and over again.

This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GD Corporate Policy 07-105 and is intended to be accessed only by authorized personnel of General Dynamics and approved service providers.  Use, storage and transmission are governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.