Can I use a heavyweight checkout to build a new repo?

Carlos Mundi cmundi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 21:39:37 UTC 2012

Suppose I accidentally destroyed a repo.  And suppose no backup is
conveniently within reach.  But I do have a heavyweight checkout, which
should have all of the information since the last time the checout was
updated from the repo.  Is there a way to populate a new repo from the
checkout and preserve all of the history that the checkout knows?

Thanks for answering an oddball question.  I just had a disk fail and can't
get to the server right away, but I do need to view history on my
decapitated checkout.