bzr resolve

Bosco Rama bzr at boscorama.com
Thu Jul 26 19:13:24 UTC 2012

On 07/26/12 10:40, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> On 12-07-26 01:18 PM, Bosco Rama wrote:
>> On 07/26/12 08:59, Aaron Bentley wrote:
>>> What is the rationale for specifying FILE when you don't want to
>>> override the automatic behaviour?
>
>> It's more for adherence to the "first, do no harm" precept.  If,
>> for example, I fumble-finger a glob: bzr resovle m *.c
>
> What I want to understand is why you're typing the glob in the first
> place.  It's not needed if you want the automatic behaviour.
>
>> However, if the resolve command was dangerous in all its forms...
>
> The no-argument form is not dangerous.

And therein lies a large part of the problem (other than the abrogation
of the aforementioned tenet):
   bzr resolve
vs
   bzr resolve *

Logically the same.  VERY different outcome.

This is in fact the action that one of the devs took that precipitated
my original post on this topic.  300+ files munged with conflict markers
with no real indication that they'd just been irrevocably trashed.

My original post simply asked if there was a way to stop the resolve
command from doing this.  It would appear that the answer is 'No'.

Bosco.