When shall we remove hardy packages from the main ~bzr ppa?

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Fri Jul 20 08:17:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Hmm, too late, I just did, minutes before noticing this email. Sorry.

> The packages remain available via the ~bzr 'obsolete' PPA for people who
> really must have them, but that location more accurately conveys the
> lack of intention to update them.

Hm, okay.

> Bazaar >> 2.3.x requires a newer Python version than available for

I see. Then, I can understand not having newer versions available.
I’ve tried to fight the Python thing myself once, but gave up.

> There is really no reason for a desktop to still be running hardy at
> this point - a painful production server, maybe, but not a desktop.

My desktop basically just still runs it because I need to support our
“old” EOL-but-still-in-use company desktop system. My laptop already
runs testing… but then, KDE 4 is much less stable than KDE 3, and we’ve
got to use Kontact Enterprise Client, so… for daily use, it’s still good.

Ah well. Not really ontopic either.

tarent solutions GmbH
Rochusstraße 2-4, D-53123 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/
Tel: +49 228 54881-393 • Fax: +49 228 54881-314
HRB 5168 (AG Bonn) • USt-ID (VAT): DE122264941
Geschäftsführer: Boris Esser, Sebastian Mancke