working with launchpad behind an authenticating proxy

Denys Duchier denys.duchier at univ-orleans.fr
Tue Apr 10 20:01:41 UTC 2012

John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:

> However, I don't know if we have that working for the proxy code.
> Also, for URLs you can usually get away with URL escaping the @ as %40.
>
> That may or may not work for you, but something worth trying.

thank you!  I shall try tomorrow; but, let's be honest, that's just a
sucky solution (if it works at all) ;-)  it exposes to all processes
information that should preferably remain private.

I believe it is important that bzr considers the increasingly tightened
restrictions on network access in universities (and, I imagine, other
places as well).  We need documented ways to make things work in this
increasingly paranoid and hostile world, and/or ways to argue-for/setup
secure tunnels for specific vcs activities (such as ssh connections to
launchpad.net which do not constitute a security risk) that demonstrably
(ahem...) cannot introduce security concerns for our institutions.

Cheers,

--Denys