Working with co-located branches

Eli Zaretskii eliz at
Sun Apr 8 06:56:34 UTC 2012

Is there anything in the docs of bzr 2.5.0 that describes how to work
with co-located branches introduced with the 2.5 series?  The only
thing I see is this short notice in "What's New":

  Basic colocated branch support

  The UI now has basic support for colocated branches. In full URLs, a
  specific colocated branch can be specified using URL path segment
  parameters. For example a branch named stronk could be addressed using,branch=stronk.

  The new bzr branches command can be used to list all present branches
  in a directory, and indicates what the currently active branch is.

  Several commands also accept co-located branch names directly, such as
  bzr switch.

That's rather minimal.  It would perhaps be enough if the integration
were transparent, but it doesn't seem to be.  See, for example, my own
difficulties in this thread:

As another example, I cannot find any documentation on how to create a
branch co-located with an existing branch.

What am I missing?