best way to add unknowns from the command line?

David Ingamells david.ingamells at mapscape.eu
Thu Mar 22 14:21:40 UTC 2012

Since you seem to be using unix from your directory path syntax why
don't you write a little bit of bash - or python - or perl - to loop
over what bzr status returns and prompt before adding or filter that
list on a specific subdirectory?

Unix has a fantastic amount of tooling that works great together but
still people still seem to want every tool to re-invent every wheel and
do everything including wash the dishes.
I have to say that bzr isn't very unix friendly in this regard as it
doesn't have a command option that just lists the unknown files without
any spurious test.

e.g. in bash if bzr status just lists unknown files (and no changed,
removed, ...) you could do something like the following

    pushd `bzr root`

    for f in `bzr status | egrep "^path/for/my/desired/subdirectory"`
    do
    bzr add $f
    done
    popd

David.

--

*David Ingamells * Test Architect *Mapscape *

Henri Wijnmalenweg 5b | 5657 EP Eindhoven | The Netherlands
Phone +31 (0)40 7113571 | Fax +31 (0)40 7113599
www.mapscape.eu <http://www.mapscape.eu/>

Mapscape B.V. is ISO9001:2008 certified.
This e-mail and any attachment may contain corporate proprietary
information and may only be read, copied and used by the intended
recipient. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments
from your system. We believe but do not warrant that this message and
any attachments are virus free.
Mapscape B.V. is registered at the Kamer van Koophandel Oost-Brabant
located in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, number 17210210.