Release testing and the relationship between 'bzr selftest' and plugins

Vincent Ladeuil vila+bzr at canonical.com
Fri Mar 16 15:56:19 UTC 2012

    > My Mac took 38 minutes to run `bzr selftest --parallel=fork
    > --no-plugins`.

Not bad, any better with a ramdisk ? You can also try to raise the
concurrency with export BZR_CONCURRENCY=8 (That's what the babune's osx
slave is doing even with a dual-core).

Also, be aware that --no-plugins also disable the core plugins, if that
leads to test failures, that's bad and should be fixed though.

    > There were 3 failures and 27 errors. I'll have a look later to see
    > what's up with these errors and I'll also do another run with
    > plugins to see what happens.

Thanks, waiting for more feedback ;)

        Vincent