[ANN] bzr 2.5.0 released

Vincent Ladeuil vila+bzr at canonical.com
Thu Mar 15 14:39:22 UTC 2012

<snip/>
    >> The root issue was pretty obscure, in fact, forcing the building failed
    >> first on a TeX error that required input (not ideal for a cron job). But
    >> just hitting return a few times allowed the job to complete...

    > You may wish to run TeX in \nonstopmode in future;
    > this appears (based on p. 31-32 of the TeXbook) to give equivalent
    > results, only without anyone having to actually press
    > return.

Hehe, the good old TeX book ;) I haven't open it in years but I did to
check your quote ^W^W^W^W for fun :) I had enough remembering of the
good old days to press return knowing TeX will try to proceed. My best
guess is that somehow a '.aux' file has been broken but... Why only for
some branches and not others ? The fallout was that it blocked the
cronjob for the first branch and the other branches (we build the docs
for bzr.dev, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5) were not processed at all
leading to several broken or outdated pages.

    > (Though you may also wish to figure out what causes those errors
    > at some point.)

Yeah, obviously. The issue here is that LaTeX is run by sphinx (so we
don't really control the style file used) and without a better
understanding of what happened, it's hard to report a bug...

Thanks for the hint anyway,

        Vincent