Google Summer of Code 2012 project for Bazaar

Marco Pantaleoni marco.pantaleoni at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 09:38:36 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> wrote:

>  On 02/26/2012 01:00 PM, Andreas Sommer wrote:
>
> I was wondering if there's interest in offering a GSoC project for
> Bazaar this year. From my side, I'd be interested to contribute to my
> favorite VCS, but to be honest I don't have a precise topic proposal.
> Bazaar Explorer would be a nice thing to work on as I think it could use
> some improvement.
>

>  It would be interesting to see if we could participate in the Summer of
> Code again this year. I've put up an ideas page, based on the one from
> earlier years.
>
> http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/SummerOfCode2012
>
> If you have more ideas, please let us know.

What about integrating tools/support to ease *automatic* synchronization
between bazaar repositories/branches across multiple machines?
I'm thinking about using inotify/fsevent along with bzr pull, maybe with
zeroconf/bonjour.

Maybe I'm the only one having this particular itch, but working with
multiple machines, not always online, and with no clear master, I find it
difficult to adapt existing workflows.

Cheers,
Marco

--