Google Summer of Code 2012 project for Bazaar

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Feb 27 01:57:14 UTC 2012

On 26 February 2012 23:00, Andreas Sommer
<andreas.sommer87 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I was wondering if there's interest in offering a GSoC project for
> Bazaar this year. From my side, I'd be interested to contribute to my
> favorite VCS, but to be honest I don't have a precise topic proposal.
> Bazaar Explorer would be a nice thing to work on as I think it could use
> some improvement.

Hi Andreas,

I think that would be great to do a GSoC for you, and anyone else interested.

I have been sceptical in the past about how much it is worthwhile to
sponsor random students who just want to do some GSoC project.  I
think it is better to concentrate developer time on helping people,
students or not, who want to improve Bazaar in particular.   If we get
both, of course that's awesome.

--
Martin