Experiences with Bazaar in a Commercial Environment

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Feb 20 21:15:23 UTC 2012

Thanks for writing that up in detail.

In retrospect the "watch for changes" feature in Explorer should have
been obviously something that would interact with file locking on
Windows, and we should have probably left it off by default.  Perhaps
this is a Unixy assumption that it's safe to read any file any time.
Perhaps we should still change it?

I think the folder tracking thing is mostly a problem of how orphans
and conflicts are handled, though I see your point that the feature
does not have much benefit on your tree to counterbalance the
problems.

With regard to running Beyond Compare in tree mode: there is support
in bzr for finding or creating a directory holding the tree we want to
compare.  It may be fairly easy to tell bzr to run the external diff
tool in dir-at-a-time mode.

--
Martin