bzrlib / loggerhead version binding? (and, well, other plugins version binding)

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Feb 9 16:48:29 UTC 2012

Toshio did an amazing job in turning around the Fedora change in record
time - thanks!

To the underlying part of the question, though:  at what point do you know
you need to do a binding to a bzrlib version in a plugin?  I understand the
case of "I'm depending on something that's not introduced until 2.5.0" but
I'm surprised at plugins which reject bzrlib as being too new...  is there
a reason one would want to do that except caution (excluding things one
hasn't explicity tested against, because they didn't exist yet)?   Is that
normally good practice?  Or would the expectation be for compatibility, so
you'd normally ask only for a lower bound on the bzrlib version, if any
limit at all?