merge then revert doesn't fully delete directories? (bzr 2.1.4)

Chris Hecker checker at d6.com
Fri Feb 3 00:24:29 UTC 2012

I have branches A and B.  A has been merged into B before, with some
directories deleted in B.  If B/foo was deleted, but A/foo/bar.c
changes, and then I merge A->B then on the merge bzr freaks out with
conflicts and creates B/foo/bar.c.  Then, I bzr revert foo in B and
instead of just completely toasting the dir, it kills the files (all
.OTHER), but errors on any nested directories with:

Conflict: can't delete foo/bar/baz because it is not empty.  Not deleting.

It looks like if it just worked from leaves to root it would be fine,
but it finds the child dirs before it kills them.

This is with bzr 2.1.4, so maybe this has been fixed?

Chris

PS.  It's actually slightly more subtle than this because of the way I
created the two branches, but I don't think that matters.