Excess data size for a single revision

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jan 25 02:44:29 UTC 2012

> Nobody else seems particularly interested in either of these tedious
> jobs (updating years, merging between branches) so I did them to the
> best of my abilities.

AFAICT you did it just fine, indeed.  The size of those revisions is
a bit annoying, but I don't think it's that bad.  Furthermore, I don't
know how we could have done it better.  AFAIK, even if we had applied
the patch to the emacs-23 branch first and then merged it into trunk and
that went all very smoothly (e.g. no spurious conflicts), I believe Bzr
would have shown the same large data size on both branches, i.e. it
would not have helped.

        Stefan