[ANN] bzr-2.5b5 has been frozen !

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Jan 17 00:15:24 UTC 2012

On 17 January 2012 03:59, Vincent Ladeuil <vila+bzr at canonical.com> wrote:
> This is our last beta for the 2.5 series: 2.5b5 has been frozen and tagged.

Thanks, Vincent.

This release will be 'Phillip', after Phillip Island
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillip_Island>.  Phillip Island is an
outstandingly beautiful place, and also the home of a motorcycle race
circuit, which connection celebrates the great network performance
improvements made in this release by Jelmer and others.

Since this is the last beta, we will soon make a new branch for 2.5,
starting from 2.5b5.  On this branch, there will be no API changes.
New features can be added freely up to the point of 2.5.0, as long as
they are reasonably safe and unlikely to break behaviour or APIs
depended upon by plugins.  Safe bug fixes and documentation fixes are
welcome.  For the sake of getting good translation coverage, please
avoid changing translatable strings unless that's necessary for a bug
fix.

--
Martin