bazaar in chroot

Hajo Locke hajo.locke at gmx.de
Wed Dec 21 10:16:06 UTC 2011

Hello,

for my chroot-ssh users i inserted bazaar in chroot environment. I copied
all files/libs which belong to relevant packages just like other
applications before.
But in chroot i get error-message: bzr: warning: some compiled extensions
could not be loaded; see <https://answers.launchpad.net/bzr/+faq/703>

Log says: 0.095  failed to load compiled extension: No module named
_static_tuple_c
0.102  failed to load compiled extension: cannot import name
_btree_serializer_pyx

I dont find missing files. All of the needed .so .pyc files in chroot
/usr/share/pyshared /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages are existent just like
in non-chroot.
i tried to figure out with strace-tools but this produces a large log so i
cant decide which "file not found"-message is relevant.
Is there a other way to find out which files are needed and causes this
error?
I can supress message by "echo ignore_missing_extensions=True >>
~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf" but i try to find better solution first.
Any hints?

Thanks,
Hajo