Hang at commit time when using sftp or bzr+ssh

Martin Packman martin.packman at canonical.com
Wed Dec 7 20:36:03 UTC 2011

On 07/12/2011, Stephen AuYeung <stephen at ck12.org> wrote:

> Could it be that it works for most because most are using bzr instead of
> bzrlib directly? Our situation could be different in that we have a process
> dedicated to perform bzr operations so there could be countless number of
> commits from the same process.

Is your code using bzrlib publicly available? It's possible some
simple changes on your side would resolve the issue of many ssh
connections. Even if not, it would be useful to see how we could
improve the bzrlib apis to make doing the kind of things you need
easier.

> Do you also know the reason for multiple ssh processes running? I found the
> number going up and down and not just keep increasing.

It seems likely that you're getting a new connection per operation.
The underlying python objects are probably sticking around long enough
to need a full gc run to collect, which would then also close the
sockets and child processes, hence the up and down.

Martin