Is "bzr push" safe?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Nov 30 19:50:52 UTC 2011

On 11/30/2011 08:43 PM, Chris Hecker wrote:

>     You merge to the branch that tracks "trunk" (a.k.a. "mainline"), and
>     then push from that.
>

> Ah, okay, I figured you had to push somewhere!
>
> So, I have a bunch of repo's I'd like to switch to
> append-only...what's the right way to do that?

"bzr init" has a --append-revisions-only option, which will enable this
for new branches you create.

You can also set it on existing branches, either by using "bzr config",
or by manually editing .bzr/branch/branch.conf:

$ bzr config append_revisions_only=True

or

$ echo append_revisions_only=True >> .bzr/branch/branch.conf

Cheers,

Jelmer