[Fwd: Submit Request Failure]

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Nov 30 16:53:39 UTC 2011

Am 30/11/11 17:24, schrieb Alexander Belchenko:
> Jelmer Vernooij пишет:
>> Am 30/11/11 13:13, schrieb Alexander Belchenko:
>>> I don't know what I can do about that.
>> It seems like John has just marked it as no longer private, you
>> should be able to access it now.
>
> OK. Maybe. But.
>
> 1) Why have I got the bug mail to private bug reports in the first
> place? Should I file a bug about it?
That's definitely a bug in Launchpad. You shouldn't be getting bug
report email for things you can't see.

> 2) Why I can's get access to the private bugs in the project I was(am)
> working on and I'm still in the team that develops it? What's the
> purpose of such private bugs?
IIRC this works based on the subscribers for a bug. This bug was
originally filed against the bzr package in Ubuntu, and received bug
subscribers appropriate for a Ubuntu bzr bug (i.e. just Ubuntu
packagers, not even members of ~bzr). It was then reassigned, but
probably didn't get updated with new subscribers because it is private.

Cheers

Jelmer