Is "bzr push" safe?

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:51:48 UTC 2011

Hi Martin,
Thank you for your reply.  But now I'm confused (because I fully
expected the answer to be "that was a flaw that was corrected in
version X.Y).

When I read the documentation for "bzr push", it says that it only
works for branches that have not diverged.  I assumed that meant I can
only change a destination branch via "push" by appending to it, making
the "append_revisions_only" directive superfluous.

It would seem that I'm misunderstanding something here.  Since I have been doing

$ bzr pull
edit/test/commit trivial change
$ bzr push

I think that I am, in fact, only appending.  But now I'm worried that
I'm misunderstanding something fundamental.

What would I do differently if I wanted to deliberately do it wrong?

--wpd