Out of Memory a bridge too far

Jason Earl jearl at notengoamigos.org
Sat Nov 12 03:51:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11 2011, Chris Hecker wrote:

> I don't have any useful suggestions, I just wanted to add my voice to
> the disappointment that these kinds of issues aren't considered
> important to the core development team.  I know everybody thinks their
> own issues are the most important issues, and I know resources are
> finite, but I'm so bummed that I'm going to have to use some hacky
> hybrid approach for my project as well (mixed source and binary data).
> bzr seems to have made many of the right decisions about things like
> renames and directories and whatnot, as you say below, and to have
> these long-term core systemic problems that prevent it from being used
> in all sorts of projects makes me sad.
>
> Chris

I sort of feel I need to chime in here as well.  I am getting ready to
look at Mercurial for just this reason.

Out of curiosity what would an acceptable solution for this sort of
thing look like to the Bazaar development team?  I don't really want to
switch to anything else, and so I can't help but be curious as to what
it would take to make bzr work with large files.

Jason