Bazaar Mercurial Plugin to access BitBucket

Colin D Bennett colin at gibibit.com
Tue Nov 1 17:10:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:51:32 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:

> Does Bazaar have a way to add a description to a branch?  (Hi,
> Barry!) git has .git/description for repositories, which is
> surprisingly often useful (eg, most people on git.kernel.org
> provide them).  But it doesn't help distinguish branches in the
> repo.

+1 for some metadata on branches like a description field!
I find myself naming my branches with ridiculously long and
cumbersome names because I will need to recall the purpose of each
of my hundreds of branches hanging around.  The commit messages on
the revisions in the branch don't describe the overall purpose of
the branch. (They are the “what”, not the “why”.)

Regards,
Colin