Bazaar Mercurial Plugin to access BitBucket

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Oct 26 18:13:17 UTC 2011

Jelmer Vernooij writes:

 > "bzr switch -b newbranch" can do exactly this, and will create a branch
 > that is a sibling of your old branch (and switch to it) if you're
 > working in a lightweight checkout.

I see.  So the only overhead here is the branch metadata (assuming
you're in a shared repo).  And I take it that

    bzr switch -r 42 -b newbranch

creates a branch whose tip is r42 with the name "newbranch", switches
the workspace to the new branch, and updates the current workspace to
tip aka r42?  OK, so that really is pretty much everything I would
want in terms of day-to-day branching from a coloc feature.

So as far as functionality goes, the coloc plugin really only adds the
ability to put a shared repo in in .bzr/branches, more or less, and so
the ability to clone a whole shared repo in a convenient way?