Bazaar Mercurial Plugin to access BitBucket

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Oct 20 23:07:31 UTC 2011

On 10/20/2011 11:55 PM, Brendan Simon (eTRIX) wrote:
> these
> > Also see the much better written answer at
> > <URL:http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/migration/en/why-switch-to-bazaar.html>.
>
> Thanks everyone.  You've all been a great help.  I am now convinced to
> stick with Bazaar (at least until I find that it doesn't work for me
> -- which is unlikely).
>
> I can use either bzr-git or bzr-hg to access BitBucket :)  Next big
> question.  Is one better than the other ??  What are the pros/cons ??
bzr-git is definitely the more mature of the two. bzr-hg I wouldn't
recommend for production use yet. It mostly works, but you're bound to
run into issues at some point. It will eat your cat.

> http://bzr.bz does look good now.  It looked very cheap and like one
> man shop operating a server from home, but it now looks more
> professional.  It's still commercial with a minimum of $10pm.  Very
> cheap for a business, but still free is better for very small
> companies, startup companies, etc.
>
> Finally, do you think there is a possibility that BitBucket would
> support Bazaar natively ??
> Maybe SFTP or some other remote filesystem based access is do able??
> Then again, might be able to do that with other sites that offer
> free/cheap disk space ??
I'm not aware that they're working on anything (they haven't mentioned
anything publicly as far as I can see), but I guess it's worth a shot to
ask them.

Cheers,

Jelmer