Bazaar Mercurial Plugin to access BitBucket

Martin Geisler mg at aragost.com
Thu Oct 20 13:05:05 UTC 2011

Hi Simon,

Yes, there is hg-git: https://bitbucket.org/durin42/hg-git

> So the big question is ..... why use Bazaar instead of Mercurial ??
> Given Bazaar is no where near as widely used, what makes Bazaar so
> different, so much better, that I should stay with Bazaar ??
>
> Pure python was one reason I initially started using Bazaar, but I
> don't think that was a very good reason by itself. It sounds like
> Mercurial is mainly python, with a small portion in highly portable C
> (or C++ ??) where performance is required/desired.

By line count, Mercurial is 95% Python and 5% C. We still have the pure
Python versions of the C code and you can install it by passing --pure
to setup.py.

But you would only want to use that if you somehow don't have access to
a C compiler and if there's no precompiled binaries for your platform.

--
Martin Geisler

aragost Trifork
Professional Mercurial support