Does anybody know of code hosting for bzr that is not Launchpad?

Colin D Bennett colin at gibibit.com
Mon Oct 17 17:50:54 UTC 2011

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 19:16:01 +1200
Patrick van der Velde <petrikvandervelde at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an alternative to Launchpad for bzr hosting.
> I'd really like to use bzr for
> my public code but Launchpad is just to crappy compared to
> bitbucket or github.

I'll chime in and say that while Launchpad is a great resource and
has a lot of neat features, it feels UNBEARABLY slow compared to
GitHub.  Just clicking on various page links within a project
(Code, Bugs, whatever) takes 4 to 7 seconds on average to bring up
the page for me.  Just a few clicks and it brings back the
nostalgia that is my old 14.4k modem.

I see that Launchpad uses https always, which is actually
reassuring from a security standpoint, to prevent man-in-the-middle
attacks, I guess.  But, is there any way to NOT use https and
still have enough security?  We're not doing anything secret here,
it's all open source, so no confidentiality issues.

Regards,
Colin