[ANN] bzr 2.4.1 released

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Sep 14 06:07:40 UTC 2011

On 14 September 2011 02:02, Vincent Ladeuil <vila+bzr at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here comes our new stable release: 2.4.1

Thanks for managing the release.   I am really pleased by how smoothly
releases seem to come out now.

> Bazaar <http://bazaar.canonical.com/> is part of the GNU project
> <http://gnu.org/> to produce a free operating system.

Can you add to your template that it's sponsored by Canonical, with a
link?  That's roughly as important as being a GNU project.

> 2.4.1 has also been uploaded to debian and ubuntu.

I see it is in Debian already (which is excellent) but Ubuntu's branch
and packages only have 2.4.0-3ubuntu1.  Since we're past BetaFreeze, I
think we need a freeze exception[1] - which can very likely be granted
since these are safe changes, but it does need to be done.  Is that
already underway?

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess