Dulwich C extensions and stand-alone Windows installation of bzr

Eli Zaretskii eliz at gnu.org
Mon Sep 12 08:00:03 UTC 2011

> From: Vincent Ladeuil <vila+bzr at canonical.com>
> Cc: Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com>,  bazaar at lists.canonical.com
> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:54:02 +0200
>
>     > If someone could run this on Unix or GNU system and tell me what was
>     > the GCC command line run by setup.py, that would be a huge step
>     > forward.
>
> No, it will only tell you what runs on a GNU system, not what you need
> to run on windows

I use GCC for many years, on several different platforms.  So seeing a
command that runs on a GNU system tells me enough to adapt it to
Windows.

> running 'python setup.py build_ext -i -v' in bzr trunk:
>
> running build_ext
> building 'bzrlib._annotator_pyx' extension
> creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7
> creating build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/bzrlib
> gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c bzrlib/_annotator_pyx.c -o build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/bzrlib/_annotator_pyx.o

Thanks, that's a beginning.  The final commands that create a .so file
from *.o object files would be nice, as well as command(s) that copy
the .so to its final destination.